Since my last post about 6 months ago, I have been desperately trying to get back into blogging. I am struggling with things like "what content can I post that people will be interested in? What direction is this blog heading in? Who really cares what I am posting? Is the content relevant or relatable?" Even as I sit and type out THIS post, it has taken me 11 days to finish it.
I have spent the last nine months trying to figure out this new life; I am still the same person as before but just a better version. Balancing work, family and home has its challenges but hubby and I have done a pretty decent job of figuring out how to make things work for now...until it changes all over again! The love and support from friends and family has helped us along the way but the #1 thing that has made it all possible is having open communication about everything. As long as we are reading from the same chapter in the same book, we are going to be ok.
With that being said, I am planning to breathe some new life into My Life in the Curvy Lane by adding some new subjects to post on including cooking for the picky eater and new mom product reviews. I hope this will give me the push I need to get this blog going again. To those who have been supporting me along the way, I thank you.
Here are just a few things I have experienced nine months into parenthood:
- I never realized how much time I wasted on things that really don't matter.
- I learned who my true friends were before, during and after pregnancy. Some shocked me; some did not.
- Poop comes in pretty much every color of the rainbow and I celebrate each one of them.
- Vomit CAN fly. I can also catch puke...in my hands...without spilling it.
- I appreciate any amount of time I can nap even if it is 4 minutes.
- I have mastered the art of the 90-second shower. Thank goodness for short hair.
- Curbing my potty mouth has been difficult but I am trying…hard.
- Shoe shopping has been taken to a whole other level when buying shoes for my daughter.
- Seeing my baby smile is a feeling like no other.
- I wear my scar and stretch marks proudly…in my tankini. Hello beach!
- With each new day, I love my husband more than I did the day before.